It’s been a solid four months since my last post. Hear me out. I would much rather blog than study and work. True story. So since I was doing both this summer I had to put blogging on the back burner so I could exhibit some self control and ya know…graduate college. But now that my classes are over I have a little extra time on my hands to play with so I’m getting back to blogging. Not sure how often I’ll post since I’m still transitioning with some things but hey…whatevs.
I’ve been able to try a lot of different products while I’ve been absent and some favorites have stacked up and I thought I’d share them with you.
1. Gilchrist & Soames London Collection Body Lotion – Oh my goodness. I got to try two large samples of this lotion this summer and boy am I smitten. My favorite product of the whole summer was body lotion…who would have thought. The smell is my favorite part. It has a subtle cologne like smell that makes you wonder why all lotions don’t smell like this. I also love that it is non-greasy. You should have seen Patrick’s face when I was debating whether it was worth it to buy it buy the gallon.
2. Folle de Joie eau de parfum – Is there anything Joie makes that I don’t love? Nope. So it’s no surprise they nailed their perfume . Those who know me best know that I’ve worn Light Blue for years but this is a close competitor. I’ve been savoring my Birchbox sample.
3. Benefit They’re Real! Mascara – My mom and I are still mourning our favorite mascara’s discontinuation. This mascara is impressive and you’ve probably heard that already. Here’s my opinion. Can you get the same result with drugstore mascaras? Sure… BUT you will probably need multiple coats it will take five times as long. You can get huge lashes in about 30 seconds with this mascara. Beware though…if you wear this product at say the gym or a wedding…it will drip down your face and NOT come off. Save this for occasions where sweat, tears, and humidity are not likely.
4. OGX Hydration KuKui Oil : I pretty much curl my hair every other day. I can wear my hair straight but its always a challenge in the middle of summer humidity. Enter OGX Kukui Oil. I tried this product and it has been a life saver for my frizz-prone hair. I spray a little on my hands and rub through my hair pre-blowdry and then I repeat after straightening as a finishing products.
5. COOLA Tinted Matte SPF 30 : This was a wonderful addition to one of my Birchboxes. It truly went on like a BB cream but held its own when it came to sun protection. I probably wouldn’t use this as your face SPF for a beach day if you are fair skinned but it’s perfect to apply and use as a BB cream for light coverage or use as an SPF for a jog or other activities in the sun.
Hope you’ve had a relaxing summer!